Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm obsessed.....

   

Lately I've been really obsessed with finding free sewing patterns for babies and kids. So, I've decided to share some of what I've found . 


baby clothes pattern peasant top
This little peasant bouse is so easy and can be make in one fabric or coordinating fabrics.  You can add ruffles, lace, rick rack...whatever your heart desires. You can find the directions and the pattern HERE

I've made two of these so far, one a simple white one to pair with jumpers or pinafores.  For the second one, I added to the length, added a ruffle down the front and used two coordinating fabrics.  I used a pink mini checked fabric for the sleeves and ruffle and band around the hem while the main dress portion is a yellow and pink floral. 

Here are some other interpretations I found.
Hopefully they will inspire you to try it!  To go to the websites, just click on the photos. Spend some time looking around, they each have lots to see!






                                                
 
Here are a few more ideas. I haven't made these yet, but I AM going to try some of them.
 
16-front-view.jpg
Abbey Baby Dress

baby pinafore pattern

And, since I just realized everything I posted is for baby girls (that could be because of my new grand daughters) , here are somethings for the little fellas. I didn't realize how hard it was to find little boy patterns but here are a few of what I could find:





A word of caution about free patterns - some are made for sergers and the seam allowances are smaller than most commercial patterns.  Sometimes the designer tells you that, sometimes they don't.
Happy Sewing !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends, I love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment. But remember, keep it clean and if you could post in English so I can read it, I'd appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...