Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Why book reviews?


 

I’ve been posting a lot of book reviews lately.  I love to read what I love to read.  I tend to gravitate toward Christian, historical romance but will occasionally branch off into Christian contemporary romance, and if there is a mystery involved, all the better!  I have had no formal English education other than high school English.  So, no literary genius here!  I couldn’t plot a sentence if my life depended on it.  In fact, one middle school English teacher, instead of writing on my report card something like “she has improved in her reading comprehension” or “her vocabulary has improved”, she wrote “She shows a great deal of common sense.”  What?????  So, when you read my posts, you won’t find any profoundly expressed thoughts. However, you will find my honest opinion.  I try not to make negative comments because authors are people with feelings. I hope I’m always kind in my comments, even if a particular book isn’t my cup of tea, it might be yours!

I most always include the blurb from the publisher’s website and I try to include a link to an excerpt if one is available. I also try to link to the author’s bio, if there is one. Many of my reviews are posted to Amazon and Christian Book Distributors.  Some are also posted on my Pinterest page.

I review mainly for Revell, Barbour and I recently have been approved for several e books through NetGalley.  If I have a choice, I prefer a physical book that I can hold in my hands but I have really enjoyed the many e books I’ve been reading lately.

Why do I write reviews?  Well, basically because I get the books for free and I get to read books by a wide variety of authors!  And I am so thankful for that,  otherwise I’m not sure I could read as much as I do.

I hope this give you a little insight my book reviews. 

And now, back to reviews!  Happy reading!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends, I love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment. But remember, keep it clean and if you could post in English so I can read it, I'd appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...